All North haven cchools will be CLOSED the rest of this week. Classes will resume on Wednesday, February 20th, following winter recess on Monday and Tuesday.
Archive | Weather RSS feed for this section
First Selectman Michael J. Freda said Saturday the town was inundated with 35 inches of snow. “We had anticipated the worst on this,” Freda said. It was so bad late Friday and early Saturday, that even Public Works plows were struggling. Freda said 15 plows ran throughout the night, and each one became stuck at [...]
The last day of January proved to be a very stormy day here in Connecticut! Around 2AM, the winds really picked up and a weather station just a mile from me registered a 54 mph wind gust. My station is blocked by a lot of trees so my peak wind gust along Spring Road was [...]
From my location in North Haven, I received just over 9 inches of snow on Saturday. The precipitation started off as some graupel but then quickly turned over to snow for the remainder of the storm. During the afternoon, the intensity really picked up and I received over two inches in just one hour! There [...]
Sandy blew in and in a matter of hours destroyed and damaged many homes on our coast. Two major storms in as many years, yet people still look ahead. It is a testament to the strength our community shows in a time of crisis. There are many avenues for storm victims to pursue. Here are [...]
Wednesday November 7th, 2012 will go down as a major early season snow event in Connecticut. Weather forecasters spent days tracking the development of this early season Nor’easter. With some people still without power due to super storm Sandy, many forecasters looked to the computer model that predicted that hurricane with such accuracy; the European. [...]
This November Nor’easter caught us all off guard. What was forecast to be a “dusting” turned into a foot of snow! North Haven tied with Hamden for the 2nd highest snowfall totals at 12″. Clinton takes the top spot with 13.5″.
After receiving notification of the federal assistance available to cities and towns, businesses, individuals, and non-profits in Fairfield, New Haven, Middlesex and New London Counties, Governor Dannel P. Malloy today announced that residents in those counties who suffered damage as a result of Hurricane Sandy must register with FEMA by phone or online to access [...]
- QU To Host Information Session for Prospective Physician Assistant Graduate Students May 20, 2013
- Budget Referendum Vote May 20, 2013
- North Haven Middle School & High School Lockdown Lifted May 17, 2013
- North Haven Legislative Delegation Announces State Grant to Begin Clean Up of Former Circuit-Wise Property May 14, 2013
- Foul Ball? May 8, 2013
- Public Meeting Scheduled To Address Concerns About Methadone Clinic Coming to North Haven October 16, 2012
- Episode 17: September 10, 2008 September 9, 2008
- Episode 69: 2010 Memorial Day Parade May 30, 2010
- 2010 Annual Budget Town Meeting May 12, 2010
- Episode 88: June 13, 2011 June 12, 2011
- Matt: You are all foolish assumption making, misinformed...
- admin: Tracey, I would suggest contacting the administrat...
- anthony cavallaro: Please do all in your power to influence your coll...
- Tracey Best: Want to donate money to 6year old heart fund...nee...
- Mr. & Mrs. Tracey C. Best: Want to donate money to 6 year old heart fund... N...