**UPDATE: The lockdown has been lifted. As a precaution, outside activities at ALL North Haven Schools has been canceled for the remainder of the day. North Haven Middle School and High School were in lockdown as a precautionary measure due to a burglary and police pursuit in the area. All of the students are safe. [...]
Archive | Education RSS feed for this section
In this episode of North Haven News: Highlights from the 3rd annual Ridge Road Parents vs. Teachers basketball game played at the North Haven High School gym on April 26, 2013.
Too often in schools today, the arts are overshadowed by efforts to raise achievement in mathematics, science and English language arts. The School of Education at Quinnipiac University set out to change that on April 23, by hosting theopening of its second annual ‘Kaleidoscope of Creativity’ art exhibit on the university’s North Haven Campus. Students from local school districts donated artwork to [...]
At the April 17th Board of Finance meeting, First Selectman Mike Freda took a few minutes to address the Board and the members of the audience about some concerns and confusion that had arisen regarding the Board of Education’s budget. He explained how the budget went from its original 3.5% increase to its current 2.73% [...]
Kevin Basmadjian, of North Haven, has been promoted to dean of the School of Education at Quinnipiac University. “Since joining Quinnipiac in June 2004, Kevin has consistently demonstrated a deep commitment to student learning, faculty development and university governance,” said Quinnipiac President John L. Lahey. “He has played an integral role in the learning paradigm transformation, and has collaborated [...]
The Multifaith Community Service Group at Quinnipiac University recently donated a painting to the students and faculty of Sandy Hook Elementary School, where 20 students and six staff members were shot and killed on Dec. 14, 2012. The group worked to create a painting that could be hung at Chalk Hill Middle School in Monroe, where Sandy [...]
Daddio Appointed Manager of Corporate and Organizational Partnerships for Online Programs at QU Online
Susan Daddio, of North Haven, has been appointed manager of corporate and organizational partnerships for online programs at Quinnipiac University Online. In her new position, Daddio will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that target lead generation and create growth in corporate, non-profit and military organizations for partnerships with programs offered through Quinnipiac University Online. “It’s exciting [...]
The North Haven Soccer Club is giving $500 college scholarships to two current or former members of the NHSC who are heading off to college. Guidelines for the application process are as follows: Applicant must be a graduating High School Senior who will be attending their first year of college in the fall of 2013. Applicant may not be [...]
- North Haven Middle School & High School Lockdown Lifted May 17, 2013
- North Haven Legislative Delegation Announces State Grant to Begin Clean Up of Former Circuit-Wise Property May 14, 2013
- Foul Ball? May 8, 2013
- NHSC: North Haven U11 Girls Devo vs Berlin May 6, 2013
- NHSC & Ruby Tuesday’s Community GiveBack Program May 3, 2013
- Public Meeting Scheduled To Address Concerns About Methadone Clinic Coming to North Haven October 16, 2012
- 2010 Annual Budget Town Meeting May 12, 2010
- Episode 17: September 10, 2008 September 9, 2008
- Episode 69: 2010 Memorial Day Parade May 30, 2010
- Episode 5: April 1, 2008 March 31, 2008
- Matt: You are all foolish assumption making, misinformed...
- admin: Tracey, I would suggest contacting the administrat...
- anthony cavallaro: Please do all in your power to influence your coll...
- Tracey Best: Want to donate money to 6year old heart fund...nee...
- Mr. & Mrs. Tracey C. Best: Want to donate money to 6 year old heart fund... N...