The Quinnipiac University Physician Assistant Society will host the 15th annual “Run For Your Life” 5K Road Race and 14th annual “Cow Chip Bingo” starting at 9 a.m. on Saturday, April 13, at the North Haven Campus, 370 Bassett Road. The USA Track & Field certified racecourse will be routed through the North Haven Campus. Awards will be given to the [...]
Archive | Health and Fitness RSS feed for this section
The Connecticut General Assembly’s Public Health Committee gave its approval today to S.B. 465, AN ACT REQUIREING NEWBORN SCREENING FOR ADRENOLEUKODYSTROPHY. The bill now heads to the state Senate. Adrenoluekodystrophy (ALD) affects the tissue lining around the adrenal glands and nerve cells. The disorder comes with different levels of severity, with the most severe form [...]
Hartford, CT – “If they are identified and treated early, the majority can remain asymptomatic.” These are the words of Dr. Jack Kelley, whose son Brian (24) has been quietly but doggedly fighting a rare genetic disorder called adrenoluekodystrophy (ALD). ALD affects the tissue lining around the adrenal glands and nerve cells. The disorder comes [...]
As the old saying goes, the pen is mightier than the sword, but the students at a North Haven elementary school hope the penny is even mightier as they go to battle for a classmate in need. Continue reading…
The Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University is launching a body donation program. Bodies donated to the program at Connecticut’s newest medical school will be used to supplement the supply that is being used to teach the 60 students who will be part of the school’s first class when it opens in August on Quinnipiac’s [...]
Quinnipiac University has launched an anesthesiologist assistant program, which will begin this summer. The new master of health science program was recently approved by the Advisory Committee on Accreditation (ACA) of the Office of Financial and Academic Affairs for Higher Education and the state Board of Education. Anesthesiologist assistants are members of the anesthesia care team supervised [...]
Yale Professor of Psychology Offers Ways to Help Your Child Cope with the Recent Tragedy in Newtown, CT
Alan E. Kazdin is the John M. Musser Professor of Psychology at Yale University and Director of Yale’s Parenting Center. This is raw, unedited footage from an interview in which Dr. Kazdin offers ways to help your child cope with the recent tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.
William Kohlhepp, of North Haven, associate dean of the School of Health Sciences at Quinnipiac University, has been re-elected to a three-year term as secretary-treasurer of the Physician Assistant Education Association. The PAEA is the only national organization representing physician assistant educational programs in the United States. Currently, 168 of the 170 accredited programs in the United States [...]
- QU To Host Information Session for Prospective Physician Assistant Graduate Students May 20, 2013
- Budget Referendum Vote Passes May 20, 2013
- North Haven Middle School & High School Lockdown Lifted May 17, 2013
- North Haven Legislative Delegation Announces State Grant to Begin Clean Up of Former Circuit-Wise Property May 14, 2013
- Foul Ball? May 8, 2013
- Public Meeting Scheduled To Address Concerns About Methadone Clinic Coming to North Haven October 16, 2012
- Episode 17: September 10, 2008 September 9, 2008
- Episode 69: 2010 Memorial Day Parade May 30, 2010
- 2010 Annual Budget Town Meeting May 12, 2010
- Episode 88: June 13, 2011 June 12, 2011
- Matt: You are all foolish assumption making, misinformed...
- admin: Tracey, I would suggest contacting the administrat...
- anthony cavallaro: Please do all in your power to influence your coll...
- Tracey Best: Want to donate money to 6year old heart fund...nee...
- Mr. & Mrs. Tracey C. Best: Want to donate money to 6 year old heart fund... N...