The last day of January proved to be a very stormy day here in Connecticut! Around 2AM, the winds really picked up and a weather station just a mile from me registered a 54 mph wind gust. My station is blocked by a lot of trees so my peak wind gust along Spring Road was [...]
Tag Archives | winter weather
From my location in North Haven, I received just over 9 inches of snow on Saturday. The precipitation started off as some graupel but then quickly turned over to snow for the remainder of the storm. During the afternoon, the intensity really picked up and I received over two inches in just one hour! There [...]
Although I’ve seen reports of up to 12″ of snow, WTNH is reporting that North Haven got 9″ during Saturday’s storm.
Dear Parents and Guardians, Well, like it or not, it’s that time of year again. As we begin to enter the winter season, I thought this would be a good time to explain how decisions to cancel, delay, or dismiss school early are made and then how the decision reaches all of you. As this is the [...]
The moneyed folk inhabiting the Connecticut environs of the hedge fund town Greenwich wield plenty of power. But many of them have lately been powerless. For the second time in barely more than two months, a huge swath of the two million captive customers of Northeast Utilities, the power company that covers territory from the [...]
The United Illuminating Company has completed major restoration efforts in its service territory and has released its crews to help restore electric service to the rest of the state. In all, UI restored power to 52,038 customers following the unseasonable Oct. 29 snowstorm. The effort was complicated and slowed by the fact that customers continued [...]
Expressing frustration with the length of time it’s taking to get out-of-state crews to Connecticut to help turn the power back on, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said the head of Connecticut’s largest utility is still telling him behind closed doors that power will be restored to 99 percent of its customers by Sunday. “CL&P is [...]
In the wake of the freak October snowstorm, we get to the source of the power outage on Buell St.
- North Haven “Gets Carter!” May 23, 2013
- QU To Host Information Session for Prospective Physician Assistant Graduate Students May 20, 2013
- Budget Referendum Vote Passes May 20, 2013
- North Haven Middle School & High School Lockdown Lifted May 17, 2013
- North Haven Legislative Delegation Announces State Grant to Begin Clean Up of Former Circuit-Wise Property May 14, 2013
- Public Meeting Scheduled To Address Concerns About Methadone Clinic Coming to North Haven October 16, 2012
- 2010 Annual Budget Town Meeting May 12, 2010
- Episode 17: September 10, 2008 September 9, 2008
- Episode 69: 2010 Memorial Day Parade May 30, 2010
- School Raises Money for 6-year-old In Need of New Heart February 28, 2013
- Matt: You are all foolish assumption making, misinformed...
- admin: Tracey, I would suggest contacting the administrat...
- anthony cavallaro: Please do all in your power to influence your coll...
- Tracey Best: Want to donate money to 6year old heart fund...nee...
- Mr. & Mrs. Tracey C. Best: Want to donate money to 6 year old heart fund... N...