First Selectman Michael J. Freda said Saturday the town was inundated with 35 inches of snow. “We had anticipated the worst on this,” Freda said. It was so bad late Friday and early Saturday, that even Public Works plows were struggling. Freda said 15 plows ran throughout the night, and each one became stuck at [...]
Tag Archives | New Haven Register
Conversations about opiates do not usually take place in kindergarten classrooms, but on Monday nigh, First Selectman Michael J. Freda arranged such a room be used in the North Haven Recreation Center for a forum on a new methadone clinic at 352 State St. It will be the fifth location run by the Apt Foundation, [...]
David Canizares was sentenced today to serve 9 years in prison for manslaughter in the 2009 death of his 4-month-old niece, Makayla Lynn Aseltine. Canizares pleaded guilty in May to first-degree manslaughter and risk of injury to a child in the death of Makayla Lynn in North Haven. Continue reading…
The Board of Education Thursday night received a petition signed by 236 people opposed to a new school bus schedule and want it tossed. The petition was started on change.org late Saturday night by elementary school parent Dyann Vissicchio, who had heard from a number of parents that they were upset about a “two-tiered” bus schedule [...]
The jobs of 18 part-time school paraprofessionals and eight full-time tutors have been eliminated. Superintendent of Schools Robert D. Cronin said Monday the people were laid off because the federal grant money that paid for their positions ran out. The employees were informed a week ago, and their jobs ended when the school year ended, [...]
Collectively, the North Haven High School class of 2012 has little sympathy for its president, Molly Gambardella, in her bid to speak at graduation. When she stopped attending classes in March, class officers say they assumed she’d just stopped going to their meetings. Not so. Gambardella, 18, decided not to attend school for the rest [...]
The Board of Education has adopted a two-tiered transportation system aimed at bringing secondary students to school closer to the schools’ start times. A by-product could be a savings of about $60,000 next year because of a consolidation of vehicles, according to board member Stephen DiCapua. M & J Bus, the Old Saybrook company that [...]
Ten teachers have been notified they won’t be working for North Haven public schools in the next school year. Two of them resigned after being notified their contracts wouldn’t be renewed and the positions of the other eight are being eliminated for budget and programmatic reasons, according to Superintendent of Schools Robert D. Cronin. Continue [...]
- North Haven Middle School & High School Lockdown Lifted May 17, 2013
- North Haven Legislative Delegation Announces State Grant to Begin Clean Up of Former Circuit-Wise Property May 14, 2013
- Foul Ball? May 8, 2013
- NHSC: North Haven U11 Girls Devo vs Berlin May 6, 2013
- NHSC & Ruby Tuesday’s Community GiveBack Program May 3, 2013
- Public Meeting Scheduled To Address Concerns About Methadone Clinic Coming to North Haven October 16, 2012
- 2010 Annual Budget Town Meeting May 12, 2010
- Episode 17: September 10, 2008 September 9, 2008
- Episode 69: 2010 Memorial Day Parade May 30, 2010
- Episode 5: April 1, 2008 March 31, 2008
- Matt: You are all foolish assumption making, misinformed...
- admin: Tracey, I would suggest contacting the administrat...
- anthony cavallaro: Please do all in your power to influence your coll...
- Tracey Best: Want to donate money to 6year old heart fund...nee...
- Mr. & Mrs. Tracey C. Best: Want to donate money to 6 year old heart fund... N...