The School of Education at Quinnipiac University sponsored a three-day training session for area educators who aspire to mentor new teachers in the state’s Teacher Education and Mentoring (TEAM) Program. TEAM is a collaborative endeavor focused on student achievement that brings together beginning teachers and trained mentors. Held June 26-28 in the Curriculum Center on Quinnipiac’s North Haven campus, the [...]
Archive | June, 2012
Congratulations to Chris Musco and Alex Longobardi, the 2012 NHSC scholarship recipients! The North Haven Soccer Club recently awarded $500 scholarships to two graduating high school seniors who are members of the soccer club. The annual scholarships are awarded to two candidates based on participation and service to the club, their scholastic record and an [...]
The jobs of 18 part-time school paraprofessionals and eight full-time tutors have been eliminated. Superintendent of Schools Robert D. Cronin said Monday the people were laid off because the federal grant money that paid for their positions ran out. The employees were informed a week ago, and their jobs ended when the school year ended, [...]
Collectively, the North Haven High School class of 2012 has little sympathy for its president, Molly Gambardella, in her bid to speak at graduation. When she stopped attending classes in March, class officers say they assumed she’d just stopped going to their meetings. Not so. Gambardella, 18, decided not to attend school for the rest [...]
Quinnipiac University announced today that it has received a $50,000 grant to be used as scholarship money for students traditionally underrepresented in nursing. The grant from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) through the RWJF New Careers in Nursing Scholarship Program (NCIN) will be awarded to students in the School of [...]
The Board of Education has adopted a two-tiered transportation system aimed at bringing secondary students to school closer to the schools’ start times. A by-product could be a savings of about $60,000 next year because of a consolidation of vehicles, according to board member Stephen DiCapua. M & J Bus, the Old Saybrook company that [...]
A girl who worked hard for four years to get to the head of the class and claim her spot as class president has been told she won’t be allowed to address her class. North Haven High School student Molly Gambardella tells News 8 she’s barred from giving the commencement speech. School officials say it [...]
With this year’s regular General Assembly session under his belt, State Representative Dave Yaccarino, who is expected to run unchallenged for his 87th district seat this fall, gave a thumbs-up to some actions the legislative body took, while giving mixed reviews to the political culture as a whole. Until June 12, when the special session in which the [...]
- North Haven “Gets Carter!” May 23, 2013
- QU To Host Information Session for Prospective Physician Assistant Graduate Students May 20, 2013
- Budget Referendum Vote Passes May 20, 2013
- North Haven Middle School & High School Lockdown Lifted May 17, 2013
- North Haven Legislative Delegation Announces State Grant to Begin Clean Up of Former Circuit-Wise Property May 14, 2013
- Public Meeting Scheduled To Address Concerns About Methadone Clinic Coming to North Haven October 16, 2012
- 2010 Annual Budget Town Meeting May 12, 2010
- Episode 17: September 10, 2008 September 9, 2008
- Episode 69: 2010 Memorial Day Parade May 30, 2010
- School Raises Money for 6-year-old In Need of New Heart February 28, 2013
- Matt: You are all foolish assumption making, misinformed...
- admin: Tracey, I would suggest contacting the administrat...
- anthony cavallaro: Please do all in your power to influence your coll...
- Tracey Best: Want to donate money to 6year old heart fund...nee...
- Mr. & Mrs. Tracey C. Best: Want to donate money to 6 year old heart fund... N...