Free Event Shows Residents How to Save Money and Improve Their Home’s Energy Performance
- Saturday, February 1, 2014 • 10:00am – 1:00pm (Snow date: Saturday, February 8, 2014 12-3pm)
- North Haven Library, 17 Elm Street, North Haven, CT
- Questions? Contact Jordana Carideo, on behalf of UI/Energize Connecticut at 203.393.1101 x166 or [email protected]
North Haven’s Clean Energy Task Force encourages residents to take advantage of the in-home weatherization program administered by The United Illuminating Company, as part of the Energize Connecticut initiative. This service will help lower energy bills and may be provided at no cost to those who qualify. The Town of North Haven has partnered with Energize Connecticut to help its residents lower their energy costs.
This is an opportunity for residents to improve their home’s comfort and energy use resulting in year-round savings. Through the Home Energy Solutions (HES) and Home Energy Solutions-Income Eligible (HES-IE) Programs, residents will receive valuable energy-saving products and services, energy-saving tips and educational resources to help use energy wisely.
HES and HES-IE customers may receive the following services:
- Installation of energy-saving compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Installation of water-saving tools like low-flow showerheads, faucet attachments and hot water pipe wraps.
- Weatherization services to find and seal drafts to increase the comfort of your home year round.
- Select appliances will be evaluated for possible rebates or replacement with energy-efficient models.
- Educational energy-saving tips on how to lower energy costs.
- Information on financing for critical upgrades to insulation and inefficient heating and cooling equipment.
HES services are provided with a customer co-pay of $75 for gas and electric heat customers and $99 for oil and propane heat customers. HES-IE is free to qualified income-eligible customers. A $25 portion of the HES service co-pay collected by the HES vendor will go to the SARAH Foundation.
This service may be provided at no cost to qualified participants. To begin saving energy in your home, sign-up TODAY! To receive these valuable services, call toll-free 1-877-WISE USE (947-3873). Reference this code JBEX430K when calling.
Energize Connecticut helps you save money and use clean energy. It is an initiative of the Energy Efficiency Fund, the Clean Energy Finance & Investment Authority, the State, and your local electric and gas utilities, with funding from a charge on customer energy bills. Information on energy-saving programs can be found at EnergizeCT.com or by calling 1.877.WISE.USE.