The North Haven Soccer Club is awarding a $500 college scholarship to two current or former members of the NHSC who are heading off to college. Guidelines for the application process are as follows:
- Applicant must be a graduating High School Senior who will be attending their first year of college in the fall of 2012. Applicant may not be a child of any of the current officers of the North Haven Soccer Club or a child of the current NHSC Scholarship Committee members.
- Applicant must be a current or former member of the North Haven Soccer Club, either as a player, coach, volunteer or referee for at least 5 years. State in what capacity you were involved with the club and what years. Please be specific when indicating what roles were held and for how long (eg: Player from U6 to U19, CIT in 2011 for the U14 rec team, U8 head coach in spring 2010, etc.).
- Graduated with a “B” or higher average. Submit your official HS transcript.
- Submit an essay of at least 200 words, “What soccer has meant to me…”
- Letter of recommendation is optional.
- All of the above must be postmarked no later than May 25, 2012. Please include contact information including phone number and email address.
Please mail all of the information to:
NHSC Scholarship Committee
C/O Ralph Sanzari
56 Randall Drive
North Haven, CT 06473