The Animal Haven has scheduled several supply drives. The shelter is in desperate need of canned cat food. Other items needed are paper towels, bleach, towels (new or used), dry cat food and canned or dry dog food. Representatives will be on hand with homeless pets and collecting donations at the following events:
- Sunday, Sept. 16, noon to 5 p.m., at Fireman’s Festival, North Haven Fairgrounds
- Sunday, Sept. 23, noon to 3 p.m., Walk-a-dog-a-thon, North Haven Green
- Sunday, Oct. 7, noon to 5 p.m., Animal Awareness Day, Branford Green
- Saturday, Oct. 13, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Big Lots, North Haven
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Petco, Milford
- Saturday, Dec. 8, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Petco, North Haven
Visit to learn more about us and the wonderful animals that are helped everyday. Monetary and food donations can also be dropped off or mailed to The Animal Haven, 89 Mill St., North Haven, CT 06473.
The Animal Haven is a private no-kill shelter for the Greater New Haven area to humanely relinquish orphaned animals for a small donation. The Animal Haven takes pride in matching homeless cats and dogs in permanent loving homes. The Animal Haven is self-supporting and receives no funds from town of government sources. Funds to operate our shelter come from membership dues, private contributions, entry & adoption donations and many fund raising events. For more information visit the Animal Haven website.