Please be advised that the bi-annual Bulk Pick-up Program takes place the last two full weeks of September (Week of September 18-22, 2023 & Week of September 25-29, 2023) on your scheduled collection day. Acceptable waste items include:
- White goods like refrigerators (State law requires that the door(s) be removed),
- Ranges etc.
- Upholstered items such as mattresses, sofas and chairs
- 2 Vehicle tires (without rims)
- Metal items
These items will be picked up at no charge to the resident and will be collected on your regular refuse day. These items must be placed at the curb by 5 am. Please see list of all acceptable/ unacceptable bulky items. Residents are welcome to bring acceptable bulk waste to the Recycling Center Mon.-Fri. 8AM-12:00PM Sat. 8AM-1:45PM located at 90 Elm St.
- Please note bulk pick-up does not include construction/demolition items such as sinks or toilets. For disposal of construction/demolition items please call Central CT Recycle and Transfer 203-272-4039.
- If you need to dispose of a TV, please bring it to the recycling center for electronic recycling. TVs will not be picked up curbside.
- Please note that wooden furniture items are not bulk and can be put out with your regular trash as long as the items are cut to 4 feet in length.
- Carpet and pool covers are not bulk items and can be put out with regular trash if cut to 4 foot lengths and securely tied
- If you have any Hazardous Waste, please call 203-401-2712. They are open from late May through late October. Please check out their website from more information www.rwater.com/hazwaste
Thank you for your cooperation.
Please call Public Works Field Operations if you have any questions 203-239-5321 x410