[box]The following was posted to the Town’s Facebook page on October 31, 2012[/box]
Update from Selectman Freda:
All 169 Chief Elected Officials across the State and Governor Malloy, have been notified by the United Illuminating and Connecticut Light and Power via teleconference, that there will be no information or commitment regarding restoration plans until tomorrow at 6:00 am. Residents may contact the UI customer service at 1-800-722-5584.
- Halloween trick or treating is being postponed for one week to Wednesday, November 7th.
- The Children’s Halloween party at the Rec Center will be taking place today as scheduled. 4:30 – 6:00 pm
- For anyone needing a hot shower, the showers at our Rec Center Pool will be available to residents Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:00am – 4:30 pm.
- The Emergency Shelter at the High School is presently closed. If there is a need, a decision will be made as necessary to re-open and an announcement will be made.
- Our Library is available as charging station and internet access.
- Trash pick-up has been delayed one day this week.
- Transfer Station is open for residents from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm. There is no pass needed and no fee. Please bring proof of residency.
- Mr. Freda will continue to utilize the State’s Emergency Notification System to communicate with our residents. If you are not receiving his regular messages, please go the State website at www.ct.gov/ctalert to register your home and cell phones.