At the April 17th Board of Finance meeting, First Selectman Mike Freda took a few minutes to address the Board and the members of the audience about some concerns and confusion that had arisen regarding the Board of Education’s budget. He explained how the budget went from its original 3.5% increase to its current 2.73% [...]
Archive | Town Government RSS feed for this section
On Tuesday, March 26th, State Senator Len Fasano (R-34) and State Representative Dave Yaccarino (R-87) will hold a state budget forum at the North Haven Recreation Center (Rm 1). The meeting, which is open to the public, will run from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. The meeting will include a 20 minute presentation of Governor [...]
The Connecticut General Assembly’s Public Health Committee gave its approval today to S.B. 465, AN ACT REQUIREING NEWBORN SCREENING FOR ADRENOLEUKODYSTROPHY. The bill now heads to the state Senate. Adrenoluekodystrophy (ALD) affects the tissue lining around the adrenal glands and nerve cells. The disorder comes with different levels of severity, with the most severe form [...]
Hartford, CT – “If they are identified and treated early, the majority can remain asymptomatic.” These are the words of Dr. Jack Kelley, whose son Brian (24) has been quietly but doggedly fighting a rare genetic disorder called adrenoluekodystrophy (ALD). ALD affects the tissue lining around the adrenal glands and nerve cells. The disorder comes [...]
North Haven State Senator Len Fasano and State Representative Dave Yaccarino are trying to make it easier for you to meet with local legislators. On the first Friday of every month beginning March 1st, they will host “Coffee with Your Legislators” from 8 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. at the North Haven McDonalds located at 129 [...]
State Senator Len Fasano (R-East Haven, North Haven, Durham and Wallingford) received a Town Crier Award from the Connecticut Council of Small Towns (COST) for his leadership on issues affecting Connecticut’s smaller communities. COST’s Town Crier Award was established to recognize and honor state legislators and other public officials who have distinguished themselves as outstanding [...]
Five Connecticut residents will be among 21 Quinnipiac University students who will travel to Washington, D.C., on Jan. 12 to participate in a 10-day presidential inauguration seminar, where they will get to witness history, explore career paths, make professional contacts and interact with nationally and internationally recognized political leaders and journalists. The Connecticut students are: [...]
Nearly a year and a half ago, a constituent came to me and asked if I would help him. I can happily report that help has finally come. Wallingford veteran John Anzidei told me many veterans were struggling financially and in order to receive benefits at the hardware store or grocery store they were required [...]
- North Haven Middle School & High School Lockdown Lifted May 17, 2013
- North Haven Legislative Delegation Announces State Grant to Begin Clean Up of Former Circuit-Wise Property May 14, 2013
- Foul Ball? May 8, 2013
- NHSC: North Haven U11 Girls Devo vs Berlin May 6, 2013
- NHSC & Ruby Tuesday’s Community GiveBack Program May 3, 2013
- Public Meeting Scheduled To Address Concerns About Methadone Clinic Coming to North Haven October 16, 2012
- 2010 Annual Budget Town Meeting May 12, 2010
- Episode 17: September 10, 2008 September 9, 2008
- Episode 69: 2010 Memorial Day Parade May 30, 2010
- Episode 5: April 1, 2008 March 31, 2008
- Matt: You are all foolish assumption making, misinformed...
- admin: Tracey, I would suggest contacting the administrat...
- anthony cavallaro: Please do all in your power to influence your coll...
- Tracey Best: Want to donate money to 6year old heart fund...nee...
- Mr. & Mrs. Tracey C. Best: Want to donate money to 6 year old heart fund... N...